How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
The Licenced Social Worker (LSW) provides for the treatment of patients, under the clinical supervision of an LCSW, utilizing a variety of modalities as a member of the clinical treatment team of the assigned unit.
HealthySteps is an evidence-based, interdisciplinary pediatric primary care program that promotes positive parenting and healthy development for babies and toddlers, with an emphasis on culturally diverse families living in low-income communities. The HealthySteps program connects families to resources for assistance with mental health, domestic violence, food, and housing, and offers guidance on feeding, behavior, sleep and adapting to life with a baby or young child.
This position is based at the Pediatric Practice in Neptune, NJ.
1. Provides a comprehensive assessment of patient’s psychosocial needs under supervision of an LCSW and develops treatment plans and treatment plan reviews based on findings and according to department policy.
2. Provides effective treatment to patients, whether assessment or therapy, and shares and interprets information to staff, families, and/or other approved agencies.
3. Completes written reports in a timely fashion as required by the Medical Center or Agency policy.
4. Provides psychotherapeutic services to patients in accordance with Licensure regulations defined by the Board of Social Work Examiners and obtains and interprets information in terms of patient needs, knowledge of growth and development, and an understanding of the range of treatment required for that age group.
5.Provides individual and psychotherapeutic services under the clinical supervision of an LCSW in accordance with current standards of practice, as developed by professional and licensing organizations, and defined and interpreted by supervisor.
6. Provides case management services for comprehensive evaluations.
7. Complies with unit practice standards relating to case management including addressing family and community resources, eligibility for entitlement programs, and other health care providers.
8. Integrates discharge planning into ongoing treatment to assure a continuity of care for patient upon completion of treatment.
9. Functions collaboratively with treatment team members to enhance service to patients.
10. Maintains patient records as required by law and Medical Center policy.
11. Assists other mental health professionals in expediting emergencies.
12. Part of the interdisciplinary team and has expertise in and/or knowledge about the programs specialized care, treatment and services.
13. Identifies the needs of the patient population served and modifies and delivers care that is specific to those needs (i.e., age, culture, language, hearing and/or visually impaired, etc.) This process includes communicating with the patient, parent and/or primary caregiver(s) at their level (developmental/age, educational, literacy, etc.).
14. Adheres to the standards identified in the Medical Center’s Organizational Competencies.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
1. Master’s degree in Social Work (MSW).
2. Ability to perform psychosocial assessments and develop treatment plans.
3. Knowledge of crisis intervention theory and its application in a variety of medical settings.
4. Knowledge of psychopathology and differential diagnosis and treatment techniques.
Licenses and Certifications Required:
1. NJ Licensed Social Worker.