HarperCollins Publishers is seeking a Human Resources Assistant reporting to the VP, Human Resources. This position provides support to the SVP, HR, VP, HR and the NY HR Team. This is a fantastic opportunity to learn more about the human resources field in a creative and rewarding industry!
- Provides executive support to department head including managing phones/calendar, making travel arrangements, processing invoices and expense reports, preparing and maintaining contract files, managing bonus letters/spreadsheet/payments, and running various weekly and monthly reports.
- Organizes department meetings.
- Processes payroll and generates corresponding forms for employee related changes, referral/spot bonuses, special projects forms, tuition reimbursement and invoices in a timely manner.
- Serves as a point of contact for employee inquiries.
- Conducts New Hire Orientation and assists with the Onboarding process.
- Handles employee offboarding process and conducts exit interviews.
- Creates and analyzes reports; updates various departmental spreadsheets.
- Collects and maintains signed Independent Contractor Agreements.
- Partners with staffing agency to identify, track and onboard temporary resources.
- Provides general support for our Annual Performance Appraisal and Merit Processes.
- Assists in the planning and execution of the internship program.
- Manages employee service award program.
- Provides information to News Corporation as requested.
- Orders supplies for department.
- Assists with other assignments and projects as needed.
- 1+ years of experience providing strong administrative support; prior office experience required
- Excellent communication, and organizational skills
- Ability to effectively work with all levels of management including executives
- Must have a strong sense of confidentiality
- Extremely detail-oriented and proven ability to excel in a fast-paced and adaptive environment
- Motivated, resourceful, quick learner, works with sense of urgency
- Customer-service oriented, friendly and collaborative
- Ability to manage time and multiple responsibilities effectively
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite; must be savvy in Microsoft Excel
- Experience with iCIMS, UKG and WorkDay a plus
This role is currently based out of New York, New York. You will need to commute to the office when it reopens.
HarperCollins Publishers is a company full of people who are passionate about books. When you apply for a position, we want to know why you want to work here, and why you are interested in the job. That’s why cover letters are strongly preferred.
HarperCollins is an Equal Opportunity Employer.