In order to be considered, please also apply online here: Global Liquidity and Cash Management Summer Internship After you submit your application, you will be directed to an online assessment. All candidates are required to complete two online assessments for consideration for our Super Day. A member of our Campus Recruitment team will reach out to you if you are selected for an interview.
Global Liquidity and Cash Management Internship
We don’t mind what subject you’re studying, as long as you are motivated, curious and dedicated to learning. This internship offers the perfect insight into working in an international bank and our fast-paced Global Liquidity and Cash Management business.
We encourage you to apply for your program of choice as soon as possible as we recruit on a rolling basis and may close applications before the advertised date if all vacancies are filled.
On our competitively paid ten-week internship, you will play a key part in our Global Liquidity and Cash Management (GLCM) business where we help our customers do business by supporting them in managing their operating cash flows more efficiently, with greater security and lower risk.
For: College students graduating in 2023
Duration: 10 weeks
Area: Global Liquidity and Cash Management
Start date: June 2022
- Must not require work authorization now or in future
- Must graduate between Dec 2022 – June 2023
- Must have at least a 3.2 GPA
What you can expect
Our Global Banking and Markets business is a dynamic and exciting environment with GLCM servicing the full range of HSBC clients from small local businesses to large corporates, other banks and governments spanning the globe. After a week of induction and initial training, we will provide in-depth insight into how our colleagues work together to meet client needs; supporting them in optimizing their cash flows, providing greater security, at a lower cost.
You will learn how treasury functions look to optimize capital management, manage their surplus cash, optimize interest earnings, and manage global payables, receivables and everything in between. Having a drive to become a key member of a global network could help you to become one of our leaders of tomorrow.
What you will do
We enable clients to make payments, receive funds and have visibility of their cash balances across the world, ultimately supporting their growth by helping them make smarter business decisions. You will quickly become a part of the team and you will be given responsibility from day one. You will build expertise in product development, business management, risk management and sales, alongside senior leaders and peers who are always willing to support you.
Whether you know where you want your career to take you or not, GLCM opens a world of opportunities with exposure to large international clients and dynamic projects. You can take on the kind of responsibility you may never have experienced before. GLCM is committed to ensuring your internship gives you a thorough understanding of the opportunities available and a genuine sense of what life as an HSBC graduate would be like.
Who does this suit?
We are looking for motivated, dedicated and courageous people who are:
- Active listeners. You will work with many different teams on exciting initiatives, so being able to listen to those around you, then quickly absorb information and contribute to discussions is important
- Sociable networkers. We expect you to collaborate with clients, senior management and peers who may sit in the same office, or be in a different country and time zone. This means you should be comfortable communicating in person, over the phone and via email, and confident adapting to different cultures
- Competitive thinkers. Having a strong desire to deliver the best possible outcome as efficiently as possible whilst minimizing risk will provide the ideal platform to build your career in GLCM and beyond. A healthy curiosity is needed to develop new ideas through smart and diverse thinking
- Fast learners. You will work with new people on constantly evolving projects covering a range of desirable outcomes; cost savings, customer satisfaction, risk mitigation, revenue generation and more. Being able to quickly understand your area, and your contribution to the overall outcome, will fast-track you to success
What can this lead to?
Perform well and you will be considered for our Global Liquidity and Cash Management Graduate Program. This is the next phase in a challenging and rewarding career in GLCM, fully supported by the network you developed as an intern.
Breakdown of Hiring Process:
There are four stages to our application process: Application form, Online Immersive Assessment (OIA), Job Description (JS), and Super Day (Final Interview).
- Application form: Request basic information to begin the process, including candidates name, email, phone number, university, and resume. At this stage, it will also ask the candidates if they pass the essential criteria to apply (minimum 3.2 GPA, will not require a visa, and graduating the correct year).
- Online Immersive Assessment: This is a video-delivered assessment with a series of behavioral and cognitive questions to complete. All candidates receive a personalized feedback report, almost like a personality test once, whether they were successful or not. Successful candidates are invited to the next stage.
- Job Simulator: The Job Simulation is an exercise using video enriched interaction with three assessment components: critical judgment, behavior, and written communication against real role challenges. The Job Simulator is specific to the business area the candidate applied to and will give the candidate a bit of insight into the role. There is a video recording portion where we recommend candidates to have a quiet room to complete it and dress appropriately. Students who pass with section will have the opportunity to be invited to a Super Day based on their assessment scores and resume.
- Super Day: The Super Day allows candidates to interact more with the business and other candidates. For the Fall 2021 recruitment season this will be complete virtually through Zoom. There are two main components to a Super Day, the micro exercises and the interviews. The micro exercises comprise of four separate exercises that focus on problem-solving and the candidates’ thought process. The candidates record their video responses, and an assessor on the back end will evaluate. After micro exercises, the candidates will complete two interviews: strength-based and motivational/technical interviews. These interviews will be completed with 1-2 assessors who will score the interns on their responses.
Please be advised that you should apply for one HSBC Internship Program. Candidates with multiple applications will be progressed on one application.
The base location for this role is New York, NY, US.
At HSBC we are open to different ideas and cultures, connected to our customers, communities and each other, and dependable, we do the right thing. These are the values that guide us every day. We seek to recruit people who share these values and will help us to sustain them.