Corporate Title: KYC and Portfolio Analyst
Department: Various within the Front Office Sector Teams
ING’s purpose is ‘Empowering people to stay a step ahead in life and in business’. Every ING colleague contributes to that vision. We champion self-reliance and foster a collaborative and innovative culture. The Orange Code is our global manifesto for how we stay true to our purpose and our tradition of reinvention and empowerment. It is made up of ING Values (we are honest; we are prudent; we are responsible) and ING Behaviours: (you take it on and make it happen; you help others to be successful; you are always a step ahead).
For us, success will only be achieved if we act with Integrity.
Some companies see diversity as a box to be ticked. We see it as fundamental to our success and we encourage a proper work/life balance. At ING, you will be judged on your performance in line with the Orange Code. And that’s a promise.
The Wholesale Banking Sector Coverage business line consists of the following sectors:
· Commodities, Food & Agri
· Diversified Corporates
· Financial Institutions
· Real Estate Finance, Infra & Construction
· Commodities, Food & Agri
· Technology, Media, Telecom & Healthcare
· Transportation & Logistics
The Sectors organization focuses on a differentiating client experience through specialised sector knowledge both within and across the different sectors. We combine deep sector knowledge with our multiproduct platform to service our client needs in originating, coordinating and executing integrated financial solutions. Innovation and sustainability are an integral part of our daily business activities.
Our mission is defined as:
We empower by knowing our client’s business, linking our solutions to their objectives. We also empower our colleagues to deliver for our clients by sharing our market knowledge and expertise, across sectors and across locations.
We create by thinking outside the box. And by acting as thought leaders for our clients, we solve their strategic and day-to-day challenges, enabling them to stay a step ahead in a rapidly changing world.
We deliver by going the extra mile, by making a difference in lives and businesses. Unleashing our sector potential is still key in creating value for our clients, ING, our colleagues. It means we will connect across products and break through silos. Our Sector mission connects us across all products and countries. It guides us in breaking through the silos and is linked to the core of what we’re good at; appealing to the needs of our clients and creating a differentiative experience for our clients. Together.
It is our true north and a guiding compass, our market differentiator and it positions ING as a sector champion.
The Sectors organization has several new roles available within our sector teams as part of our growth ambition. The principal responsibilities of these roles are (i) to act as the team’s coordinator and client liaison for ING’s Know Your Customer (“KYC”) procedures, and (ii) to assist with the ongoing portfolio monitoring, periodic reporting, and management of transactions.
Main Duties and Responsibilities of Role:
You will initiate and pursue all KYC related activities for the business unit, which is principally to act as the front office coordinator between clients, deal teams, and ING’s KYC department. Your role is to develop a thorough understanding of the requirements for and adherence to ING’s KYC policies, and to interphase with clients to facilitate timely completion of KYC requirements for new onboarding, periodic renewals, and client offboarding. This includes:
· Review of organizational structure charts to determine relevant parties
· Creation of new entities in ING systems
· Communicating directly with clients to request needed information
· Liaising with KYC team to initiate process, including prioritization as needed
· Completion and submission of front office forms
· Coordinate transaction closings, ensuring KYC compliance for closing/funding
· Process KYC updates brought on by triggers (i.e. change of control) as needed
· Manage ongoing KYC monitoring, ensuring borrowers remain in compliance
· Maintain databases and trackers as needed
· Complete required renewals of existing borrowers in a timely fashion
· Know and explain KYC policy and workplace instructions to internal and external stakeholders where appropriate
· Communicate with deal teams when facilities mature
· Ensure no residual exposure to entities before removal
· Liaise with KYC team to offboard former clients
Portfolio Management Responsibilities:
Your Portfolio Management responsibilities include the following in direct coordination with deal teams, clients, and the group’s senior leadership.
· Coordinate preparation of annual and/or quarterly portfolio reviews
· Oversee compliance/delivery of clients’ ongoing reporting deliverables, including financials, compliance certificates, borrowing bases, and valuation reports
· Manage timely execution of portfolio valuation engagements and client audits
· Monitor timely execution of collateral reports and risk ratings
· Prepare collateral monitoring reports
· Prepare team’s monthly and quarterly financial reports for the business and track team’s current exposure and commitments
· Reconcile and provide assistance in team budgeting and forecasting
· Maintain various department and industry databases/trackers
· Coordinate weekly work in process meetings
· Assist in special projects, as needed
Qualifications / Education:
You hold a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited U.S. school (or equivalent) with a solid academic record.
Experience / Knowledge:
- 0-2 years of relevant KYC, banking, financially analysis, or accounting experience
- Interest in financial planning and business management
- Proficiency in Excel and other Microsoft Office applications
You appreciate a high degree of emphasis on attention to detail, in combination with critical thinking and client facing skills, including:
· Strong writing and communication skills
· Strong relationship building and inter-personal skills
· Strong organizational skills
· Desire to work in a collaborative manner across multiple teams in support of team objectives
· Self-motivated and willing to work in a deal-oriented and deadline-driven environment
· Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
· Strong work ethic, positive attitude, and professional demeanor
· Ability to learn quickly and work independently
· Willingness and ability to work nights and weekends when necessary