The International Center for Journalists (ICFJ) seeks a paid intern for our new initiatives department. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
The internship is a great opportunity to build foundational experience in how a media development non-profit organization develops new programs, including research, proposal development, project budgets and database management, as well as other administrative tasks.
● Conduct research on proposals and funders
● Input and maintain proposal information on ICFJ database
● Support with cleaning up and updating proposal information on shared folders and database
● Assist with the writing and preparation of proposal materials
● Help develop project budgets
● Provide administrative support as needed
● Intern must be enrolled in a degree-granting program during the internship or a recent graduate
● Strong writing, communication and interpersonal skills
● Knowledge of Excel, Word, and Google Drive
● Ability to take initiative and be a self-starter
● Strong attention to detail and highly developed organizational skills
● Ability to manage multiple tasks
● Applicant must be U.S.-based
The internship would be 25 hours a week with a minimum three-month commitment with the possibility of a three month extension.
How to apply:
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. Applicants should submit a resume and cover letter here. Only complete applications will be considered.