Check with your school’s Internship Coordinator BEFORE accepting the hiring offer to determine if this position satisfies the criteria for receiving academic credit.
Position: Community Program Intern
Time and Commitment: 6 months – 12-15 hours per week.
Position Overview: To perform administrative and coordinating duties under the general supervision of the Community Director, Katherine Campbell.
- Ability to multitask and complete tasks on time.
- Effective communication skills.
- Good sense for organization and planning.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Flexible and adaptable in a fast-paced environment.
- The ability to work well under pressure.
- 1-3 years of experience working for a nonprofit organization preferred.
- Working towards a degree in Childhood Education/ Human Services or related fields.
- Provide overall support and assistance to the Director of the Community Programs.
- Assist with program goals, metrics, and implementation plans.
- Assist in the effectiveness of communication to program staff and clients via email and phone.
- Assist with creating schedules and training for the community department.
- Assist with community outreach to non-profits, universities, and government agencies.
- Create and generate class google and zoom meeting links for parents for online courses for youth.
- Maintain consistent communication with parents via email, phone, and text, communicating any program updates, changes.
- And other tasks as assigned.