JConnelly is a pioneer in the evolution of how companies and individuals communicate, connect and engage. We build, grow and protect premier brands, mitigate and manage crisis, and influence change. Our clients value our expertise, access, and most importantly, our passion for service and results.
Our work and firm have been recognized by AVA Digital Awards, Telly Awards, Gramercy Institute, PRSA Pyramid Awards, Bulldog Stars of PR, MarCom Awards and more.
Our people make JConnelly great. We provide a work environment that encourages collaboration, creative thinking, and the ability for individuals to do their best work while enjoying and prioritizing other aspects of their lives. It’s why we’ve been recognized as a Best Place to Work since 2011.
Responsible for development of messaging, editorial, and other creative content for the Company and assigned clients. Works under general direction of the AVP with the assigned PR team and in compliance Company policies and procedures.
- Help drive overall creative direction for key clients.
- Craft overall campaign messaging direction, maintaining consistency.
- Assists in writing, co-writing, ghost-writes, and/or edits content for the Company and/or its clients; including bylines, blogs, op-eds, press releases and talking points
- Works with PR team members to gather information/research for a variety of pre-determined writing projects, deliver client-ready copy, and revise existing materials
- Assists in maintaining consistency of branding and marketing messages across all client materials
- Assists in updating client content files; including revised messaging, website copy, templates, bios, etc.
- Produce content involving multiple brand voices (B-to-B and B-to-C), often in the same day.
- Help develop long-term creative and strategic plans and recommendations for client objectives.
- Join client meetings, brainstorms and planning sessions for ongoing projects.
- Acts as a steward of the JConnelly brand, consistently representing and reflecting the Company’s core values, approach and high standards of excellence in all client, media and public interactions.
- Collaborating on social media strategy, writing, scheduling and posting on behalf of clients
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: College degree; or equivalent related business experience
Experience & Expertise:
- 3-5 years of content writing experience
- Financial writing background is a plus
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, problem-solving and customer service skills
- Excellent organization and prioritization skills, with the ability to handle multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Proficiency with various software applications including the full Office suite
- Ability to work with a broad range of people including clients, management and employees
- Base-level understanding of SEO strategy, measurement and writing tactics is preferred
- Knowledge of PR related software (Cision, Meltwater, TrendKite, Sprout, Hootsuite) is preferred but not required
- Work hard and play harder with our flexible and casual culture. Take a break from work and join an employee event, or enjoy the amenities and games provided at one our office locations.
- Take care of health with enrollment into one of our competitive medical coverage options + we offer dental and vision coverage options, Life Insurance and Disability Insurance.
- We encourage you to plan your future with our 401k program and our Employee Stock Ownership Program.
- Never stop learning. We offer free access to online training courses.
- We offer a competitive package of time off which includes – PTO, Sick and VTO days. Recharge, refuel and take the time you need, when you need it.
- Earn bonus’ via our Client Referral and Employee Referral Programs. Refer and earn – tap your network for net-worth.
- Planning a vacation? Looking for car insurance? Get access to LifeMart for discounts on anything from travel to electronics. With so many offerings the savings are endless!
- Be a part of a company who strives to support for diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Celebrate culture, share knowledge with co-workers from around the US, and inspire each other through our differences.