Volunteer students will have an the opportunity to work in a busy law office and work with real clients. Students interested in a career in law can obtain knowledge and experience in law office procedures, preparing legal correspondence, and assisting clients.
- Work on litigation matters
- Accident investigation and witness contacts
- Evidence review
- Contact defense attorneys to request discovery
2. Work on criminal, municipal court and public defender cases
- Contact municipal prosecutor to obtain discovery
- Contacts with court and county prosecutors office
- Prepare discovery demands
- Evidence review and organization
- Preparation for trial and attend hearings
3. Wills & probate practice
- Act as formal witness to wills, power of attorney, and other legal documents
- Publicize will seminars and attend programs free of charge
4. Work on community relations and marketing including submitting articles to legal websites and search engines
This is an excellent opportunity to gain valuable experience as a volunteer intern and learn New Jersey Practice and Procedure. Build your resume and obtain marketable skills. Longer hours or weeks permitted. On Wednesday night and Friday morning, we work on Public Defender cases. Volunteer to help indigent people charged with criminal and motor vehicle offenses of magnitude. In additional to time in court, you will be given research assignments. You can work more hours if you want. Help people less fortunate than you who are down on their luck.
You will handle a client’s file and learn details on running a successful law practice. This will not be a brief writing and photocopying clerkship. For additional information on the Law Office, please visit the website at www.njlaws.com
You will help handle a client’s file and learn details on running a successful law practice. We sponsor a statewide website with information on litigation, personal injury, criminal and probate matters. It is helpful if applicants have some familiarity with HTML programming, web page design and maintenance and Internet technology. If you can update a website, please indicate so in the first paragraph of your cover letter. This office is committed to excellence and service to clients and the community. Applicants must have attention to detail. Included in activities is to help translate webpages and add to web logs.
Students interested in a career in law obtain experience in law office procedures, preparing legal correspondence, and assisting clients.
Mail or fax cover letter and resume. Do not email.
Kenneth Vercammen & Associates, PC
2053 Woodbridge Avenue, Edison, NJ 08817
PHONE 732-572-0500 (Fax) 732-572-0030
[near Rt 287 and the NJ Turnpike]