Kindred Healthcare is seeking a part-time Dietary Aide for Mercy Iowa City Rehabilitation Hospital, our new, 40-bed Inpatient Rehabilitation Facility (IRF) located in Coralville, IA! Our new rehabilitation hospital in partnership with Mercy Iowa City and is now open. We offer specialized programs for people who have experienced stroke, brain and spinal-cord injuries, amputations, complex orthopedic injuries and other conditions requiring inpatient rehabilitative services. Our goal is to help patients achieve their highest level of recovery with a goal of returning home as soon as able.
Our culture of caring for our patients and residents begin with our core values – our employees. We are committed to fostering professional growth and dedicated healthcare teams that make us the provider of choice. We embrace a diverse workforce and understand that hiring outstanding people is the key to providing quality care – and quality care is what we do every day! Interested in a career with Kindred Hospitals, a place where you can put your heart into and make a real difference in our patient’s lives?
Under the direct supervision of the Nutritional Services Manager, the Nutritional Services Aide performs a variety of patient food service and dish duties.The Nutrition Services Aide is responsible for providing excellent customer service while taking patient menu requests and communicating dietary information for use by kitchen personnel in the preparation of meals for patients. Responsible for accurately identifying the patient to ensure they receive the proper diet and nutritional supplements. Follows diet manual guidelines, organizational and departmental policies and procedures. Effectively uses downtime to accomplish departmental tasks as assigned or recognized.
- Accurately prepares food trays for general and therapeutic diets and prepares special diet foods as necessary.Verifies trays for accuracy.
- Prepares and delivers items, such as trays or snacks, as requested by patient care units or patients.
- Deliver/collect daily menus and assist patients with ordering
- Record meal intakes of patients
- Maintains tray line in a clean, neat and organized manner and puts clean dishes and utensils away.
- Collect soiled trays and utensils from dining room tables and transport them to dish washing area.
- Wash dishes, clean equipment, wipe off dining room and worktables, clean utensils, pots and pans; mop floors in dietary as schedule and as necessary.
- Clean and maintain kitchen, storage areas and food preparation equipment. Wash, sanitize, and store trays, dishes and utensils
- Disposes of trash and garbage in appropriate manner and as needed.
- Identify and participate in process improvement initiatives that improve the customer experience, enhance work flow, and/or improve the work environment
- Use meal program to enter new patients and adjust diet orders as needed
- Set up serving line with cold foods, condiments, serving containers, dishes, silverware, etc. according to the menus and as instructed
- Stock and store food itemsMaintain a level of food and supplies adequate for the next meal and assist in inventorying and storing incoming foods and supplies
- Follow HAACP guidelines. (Temps, dating, etc…)
- Report hazardous conditions, equipment, accidents, and incidents, as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned