TEACHING ARTIST – TEXTILES
Lillstreet Art Center is looking for an Instructor to teach in our Textiles Department. The Textiles Department offers a wide range of skill and experimental based classes and workshops. We are seeking an experienced art educator for in person classes. Must be available to teach Saturday mornings and/or afternoons beginning in January. BIPOC and LGBTQ+ artists are strongly encouraged to apply. Bilingual artists are also strongly encouraged to apply.
We are specifically looking for those that can teach one or more of the following subjects:
- Beginner Sewing
- Intermediate and Advanced Garment Sewing
- BFA or higher, or 5+ years as a working artist
- At least two years of previous teaching experience, or an equivalent combination of education, certification, training, and/or experience
- Positive, professional and motivational
- Excellent people skills
- Must be comfortable working with adults of all skill levels and abilities
- Saturday availability
We need from you
- CV/ Resume
- Cover letter including your teaching philosophy
- Link to a personal website/ online portfolio or 4 to 6 images in jpeg or pdf format
- Contact information for 3 references (both personal and professional)
- Up to 6 images of student work (if available)
This is a contract position with an hourly rate based on experience, starting at $23/ hr.
To Submit your Application
Please send all information to email@example.com with the subject line “Textiles Teaching Artist Application.”
-We require that all students and staff submit their vaccination status. Those who are not vaccinated are asked to provide a negative covid test weekly.
-Students and staff are asked to do a self-health screening for covid-19 symptoms before entering the building.
-Lillstreet requires that everyone wear CDC approved face coverings inside the building, regardless of vaccination status. Masks are available at the front desk.