Marcus & Millichap Capital Corporation (the “Company”), a subsidiary of Marcus & Millichap, Inc. (NYSE:MMI) is seeking an Analyst to join a team of capital markets advisors located in West Los Angeles, CA. The candidate will be primarily responsible for financial modeling, producing high quality marketing materials and delivering detailed market analysis to secure debt and equity financing for commercial real estate developers, investors, and owners.
- Analyze transactions and prepare executive summaries for offering memorandum.
- Develop pro-forma financials and cash flow models.
- Research and evaluate economic, demographic, and real estate market data.
- Prepare presentations, offering memorandum and financial reports.
- Review and analyze legal documents.
- Interact with clients, prospective buyers, investors, and investment sales agents.
- Responsible for the timely execution of special projects.
- 2-3 years commercial real estate experience in advisory, banking or valuation.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or commercial real estate preferred.
- Strong modeling skills with core competency with Excel and Argus.
- Preferred experience with Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac and HUD loan products and underwriting.
- High attention to detail in analytical assessments and valuations.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks accurately and productively during time sensitive situations.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Independent worker with a team player attitude.
- Flexible attitude with the ability to handle change effectively.
- Desire to work hard and to learn.
- Availability for North American travel
Marcus & Millichap Capital Corporation is the real estate capital markets platform of Marcus & Millichap, Inc. With over 170 employees in offices across the country, the company provides commercial real estate capital markets financing solutions including debt and mezzanine financing, preferred and joint venture equity, sponsor equity and loan sales. The company averages approximately 2,000 closed transactions annually.
Marcus & Millichap revolutionized the real estate brokerage industry. The firm was designed to go far beyond simply facilitating real estate transactions. It was developed as an entire system dedicated to maximizing value for real estate investors.
In 1971, founders George Marcus and William Millichap launched a new real estate investment business model based on a unique method of matching each property with the largest pool of pre-qualified investors. This simple premise, coupled with an unfailing drive to measure success by client satisfaction, enabled the company to emerge as the industry’s pre-eminent real estate investment services firm.
The founders’ vision has been realized by a commitment to specialization, the willingness to foster a culture of information sharing and the foresight to pioneer real estate technology. Today, Marcus & Millichap is the industry’s largest firm specializing in real estate investment sales, financing, loan sales as well as a leading source of research and advisory services.
Marcus & Millichap provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without discrimination with regard to race, religious belief (including dress or grooming practices), color, sex, sex stereotype, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions (including breast feeding), age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identification and expression, transgender status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristics, genetic information, family care, marital status, enrollment in any public assistance program, status as military, a veteran or qualified disabled veteran, status as an unpaid intern or volunteer, or any other classification protected by law. We also prohibit discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. In addition to federal law requirements, Marcus & Millichap complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.