Marsh McLennan is seeking candidates for the following position based in the Urbandale, Iowa office:
Staff Accountant I
What can you expect?
- You will, under general supervision, provide accounting support requiring familiarity with and experience in accounting practices
- Opportunity to add value in as a key contributor to the team
What is in it for you?
- A foot in the door at Fortune 500 company; this role will expose you to many areas of the company, senior leaders, and various aspects of the company that will allow you to expand your network, gain valuable knowledge and, and enhance your skills
- Benefits like Medical, Dental, Vision, STD/LTD and Life Insurance, a generous 401k match and PTO allowance
- Culture of internal mobility, diversity, inclusion, and collaboration in a relaxed environment with a casual dress code
- A company-wide emphasis on Corporate Social Responsibility; all colleagues receive 8 hours of paid time off for volunteering, with the option to join our organized group activities
- Opportunities to get involved, career development events, volunteering, and more
- Opportunities for career growth
We will count on you to:
- Apply cash receipts
- Prepare and analyze various accounting reports including variances, disbursement and billing; may ensure timely and accurate processing.
- Assist with the development, implementation and documentation of internal and external accounting and operating policies, procedures and process improvements for general accounting functions.
- Ensure compliance with corporate policies, carrier agreements, SOX procedures, SSAE16 procedures, tax regulations, local GAAP and US GAAP and local statutory regulations (as applicable) regarding financial matters.
What you need to have:
- Associate’s degree or equivalent experience
- 1-3 years of experience
- Intermediate to Advanced proficiency with MS Excel
What makes you stand out?
- Prior Finance or Accounting experience
- Good organizational skills & teamwork
Marsh McLennan (NYSE: MMC) is the world’s leading professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people. The Company’s 76,000 colleagues advise clients in over 130 countries. With annualized revenue approaching $17 billion, Marsh & McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment through four market-leading businesses. Marsh advises individual and commercial clients of all sizes on insurance broking and innovative risk management solutions. Guy Carpenter develops advanced risk, reinsurance and capital strategies that help clients grow profitably and pursue emerging opportunities. Mercer delivers advice and technology-driven solutions that help organizations meet the health, wealth and career needs of a changing workforce. Oliver Wyman serves as a critical strategic, economic and brand advisor to private sector and governmental clients. For more information, visit mmc.com, follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @mmc_global or subscribe to BRINK.
Marsh McLennan and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.