Miami University Regional Campus is searching for a Regional Coordinator of Service and Volunteerism. This position will have Regional responsibilities to build and maintain external community partnerships; Collaborate with academic departments to develop and coordinate placements including service-learning and community-based learning; Coordinate and implement service based experiences, volunteer placements (both on-going and episodic), and programs; Manage recognition systems and programs for those engaged in service.
Duties include and are not limited to:
• Cultivate and maintain relationships with community and campus stakeholders via involvement with local boards, committees, and chapters in addition to meeting with partners individually to develop a mutual understanding of service needs.
• Collaborate with university partners in the development, implementation, and evaluation of service learning/experiential learning initiatives.
• Design and manage Service-Learning and Community-Based Learning placements for Miami University Regional courses. Work with faculty to integrate into the classroom experience (i.e. class presentations, reflection activities, etc.).
• Create and oversee immersion programming (i.e. Alternative Spring Break and other related leadership and service initiatives) for targeted student groups. Organize and direct all aspects of programming including marketing, recruitment, program design, curriculum, logistics, budget and facilitation.
• Develop and manage programming both individually and with student service organizations for the campus and community aimed at raising awareness around social issues, promoting local volunteer opportunities, and celebrating those who engaged in service.
• Administer and compile evaluations and other feedback sources for community partners, faculty, and students engaged in service. Compose reports on a monthly, semester, and yearly basis related to budget, outcomes (qualitative and quantitative), and upcoming event planning/goals.
• Management of ComMUnity Connect database.
• Administrative tasks including email, writing of reference letters, completion of surveys and other university forms, meetings, phone calls, purchase/inventory, and required professional development (conferences/webinars/workshops/seminars).
• Hiring and direct supervision of Student Workers.
Master’s degree in nonprofit management, student affairs and higher education, or related field; at least 3 years of experience. Experience may be gained concurrently during an educational program.
Must have strong attention to detail, and manage multiple projects at once; must have excellent communication, both oral and written; must have an established history of maintaining working partnerships.
Direct specific questions (no application materials) to Kelli Bray at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Screening of applications will begin November 9, 2020, and continue until the position is filled.