The Nassau Comprehensive Employment Services (N-CES) team provides vocational services to assist client’s to achieve their employment goals. Services include providing assessment, training, job search and placement services, retention, and career advancement.
Career Services Coordinator provides clients with career counseling and career decision making assistance to ensure the achievement of their employment goals. Assist clients with identifying career opportunities pre- and post-employment.
- Conduct individual electronic assessments and intakes to determine employment readiness, occupational goals, and to create employment strategy plans
- Collect information about the clients’ work history, barriers to employment, criminal history, personal/family background and living situation
- Assist clients into placement of internal and external programs and services, such as WEP, vocational training, job readiness workshops, job search and community service internships
- Maintain accurate files including documentation of client placement and weekly follow up for retention
- Collaborate with cross functional team members to coordinate and facilitate employment readiness, placement, and retention activities (open houses, job fairs, and informational breakfasts)
- Maintains amd execute documentation, such as casenotes and workflow through multiple computer-based programs and technology
- Performs other duties as assigned by NADAP management
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- At least 3 years of related job experience working with individuals with barriers to employment, preferably in vocational assessment
- Bilingual Spanish/English preferred
- Some knowledge of local, state, and federal regulations relating to individuals with barriers to employment
- Excellent communication (both oral and written)
- Excellent organizational skills
- Proficiency in MS Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook)