As an NJCCIC intern, you will work alongside NJCCIC team members and gain hands-on experience into what a career in cybersecurity entails, while applying the knowledge, skills, and abilities learned through your coursework. NJCCIC internships provide students with opportunities in direct cyber functions, such as intrusion detection and response, cyber defense, vulnerability management, cyber threat intelligence and data analytics, security engineering and operations, and risk management, as well as support functions that are vital to making the NJCCIC operations a success, including web development, graphics design, software engineering, low-code application development, communications, and marketing. If one or more of those areas interest you, then an NJCCIC internship may be your springboard to a career in cybersecurity. Our goal is to develop the next generation of cybersecurity professionals.
The NJCCIC intern program is designed for self-motivated individuals with an insatiable appetite to learn and a strong desire to pursue a career in which you can make a positive difference. At the end of the internship program, you should walk away with additional knowledge, skills, abilities, and motivation to take the next step, while leaving behind a lasting work product that advances the capabilities and mission of the NJCCIC.
- currently be a full-time high school student or college student in an accredited college or university;
- have U.S. citizenship or permanent residence status;
- have access to a computer and internet connectivity;
- include a writing sample (not to exceed 500 words), resume, unofficial transcript and cover letter discussing why you wish to intern for NJOHSP with your completed application; a letter of recommendation is optional;
- undergo a Level 1 background investigation check;
- New Jersey Cybersecurity and Communications Integration Cell (NJCCIC): The State’s one-stop shop for cybersecurity information sharing, threat analysis, and incident reporting, bringing together analysts and engineers to promote statewide awareness of local cyber threats and widespread adoption of best practices. NJCCIC is comprised of the Governance Risk and Compliance Bureau and the Secururity Engineering and Cyber Operations Bureau.