- currently be an enrolled college student in an accredited college or university;
- have completed 48 credits or two years;
- have U.S. citizenship or permanent residence status;
- have access to a computer and internet connectivity;
- include a writing sample (not to exceed 500 words), resume, unofficial transcript and cover letter discussing why you wish to intern for NJOHSP with your completed application; a letter of recommendation is optional;
- undergo a Level 1 background investigation check;
Infrastructure Security Bureau– Prioritizes and facilitates the completion of physical security assessments, analyzes data to identify common vulnerabilities, shares assessment data/ related reports with partner bureaus and local/state partners, manages the State Asset Database, and manages the Protected Critical Infrastructure Information program.
- Suggested Majors: Homeland Security, Criminal Justice, Law & Public Safety, Engineering
Risk Management Bureau– Identifies capability gaps and implements programs to build and enable capabilities across New Jersey’s public and private sectors. The Bureau identifies gaps through the annual Threat and Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment and, partner engagement, and data analysis; implements programs by leveraging partnerships and numerous subcommittees; and builds and enables capabilities by sharing protective measures, risk mitigation strategies, programmatic resources, and funding opportunities.
- Suggested Majors: Homeland Security, Urban Planning, Public Policy, Cybersecurity, Political Science, Journalism
Training & Exercise Bureau– Develops, administers, and coordinates relevant and accurate trainings and exercises for first responders and the public and private sectors.
- Suggested Majors: Education, Emergency Management, Homeland Security