NJ TRANSIT 2022 Summer Internship Program
Seeking NJ TRANSIT Police Department Employee Court Advocate Intern – Hybrid
NJ TRANSIT is the third-largest transportation agency in North America and fully committed to delivering safe and reliable services. This tactic has driven our success in developing real-world solutions that affect many individuals lives every day. We are looking for talented students to hire for our Summer Internship Program who can help initiate our solution-based business model to the next level. As an intern at NJ TRANSIT, you will oversee projects from concepts to completion. Our interns step away from the regular sitting at the desk to having the opportunity at hands-on experience with several business units within NJ TRANSIT. Our ideal candidate is passionate about learning and using creative solutions to make an impact on the lives of others every day.
The Annual NJ TRANSIT Summer Internship Program is a 10-Week paid program geared towards college students enroll in an accredited degree program.
Objective of this role:
- Interns will assist with various functions of NJTPD’s Employee Court Advocate, including, but not limited to:
- Assisting with investigation and tracking of incidents of on-the-job assaults of Front-line transit personnel
- Light research on legal issues and standards, and national trends and developments material to the scope of the position
- Attend virtual meetings with various operational stakeholders, as confidentiality and inter-departmental considerations permit. (In person, as COVID developments and social-distancing standards permit).
- Other job responsibilities: Assist with design, development and delivery of training materials; assist with data collection, input and follow-up tracking; Attend court hearings as opportunities arise
Skills and Qualifications:
- Any year of college or law school with interest in Criminal Justice, Criminology, and/or Communications or Liberal Arts
- Majoring in Criminal Justice or Liberal Arts field
- Communication skills; strong attention to detail; Proficiency or willingness to learn Excel and Access programs
- Confidentiality of records and information
When applying please complete the entire application; any incomplete applications will not be considered.
Also, please upload your resume and cover letter to be considered when applying.
Hourly Rate: $12-$22
Move forward with us at NJ TRANSIT!
FORBES LIST OF AMERICA’S BEST EMPLOYERS 2021
NEW JERSEY TRANSIT is an Equal Opportunity Employer