Importance of Position: Board membership is a great way to build your resume and skillset while supporting a nonprofit whose mission and values you align with. As a board member, you are entrusted with the responsibility to see that donor funds are well spent, and to protect their best interests and the best interests of the organization. You will also work on the organization’s strategic direction, to grow and/or focus the vision of what they can do in the community to make a stronger impact.
· Desire to support POWER OF STORY’s mission
· Integrity and high ethical standards
· Sufficient time to devote to Power of Story as a member of the Board
· Ability to comply with the Board’s Code of Conduct
· Ability to ask for help when needed
· Demonstrated ability to think independently and work collaboratively
Reports to: Other board members
· Attendance at 1-hour initial training and 4-6 board meetings annually (both can be virtual)
· Track + report volunteer hours
· Maintain a respectful relationship with clients, staff, and other volunteers
· Review materials related to agenda for meeting prior to meeting, to prepare for discussion
· Regular communication with Executive Director and other board members
· Other duties as assigned
Compensation: no financial compensation, but lots of benefits (see below)
· Give back to youth and young people.
· Connect with others who are also passionate about this work.
· Volunteering is good for your mind and body.
· Volunteering provides career experience + teaches valuable job skills.
· Volunteering brings fun and fulfillment to your life.
Volunteer Shifts: 1–2-hour meetings, 4-6 times a year
Commitment: At least 2 years, 3 years minimum preferred