Middle School teachers at The Queen City Academy Charter School advance the mission, goals and educational philosophy of the school by planning and facilitating learning activities and experiences that advance the intellectual, emotional, physical, and social growth of students, while enabling students to develop competencies, skills and disposition to function successfully in society. Middle School teachers must display uncompromising effort at demonstrating or acquiring excellence in the professional areas outlined below:
· Commitment and dedication to the school design and philosophy, and a relentless pursuit of high achievement in the classroom
· Design and implement standards aligned, rigorous and engaging lessons to meet high academic standards
· Communicate and maintain high academic and personal expectations for all students
· Differentiate instruction to best meet the needs of all students
· Integrate research-based strategies that improve student retention of course concepts.
· Develop lesson plans that align instruction to state learning standards and grade level outcomes
· Develop long and short-term planning addressing the needs of individual students
· Make content accessible and meaningful to students
· Leverage technology to foster greater inquiry, collaboration and supportive interactions with and among students, colleagues and families
· Develop and implement plan to insure a safe, orderly, nonthreatening learning environment for all students
· Communicate with parents on an ongoing basis to provide information, learn more about students, and share student successes
· Develop and use a variety of assessments (e.g., quizzes, rubrics, written work, performances) that frequently measure student’s progress towards the school’s exit outcomes, including skills and content knowledge
· Use data to guide instructional decisions about student learning needs
· Encourage student use of data and self-assessment strategies to monitor their progress toward learning goals
· Participate in ongoing professional development, including the annual 1-week staff training, to enrich expertise in the subject area and general pedagogy.