The trademark paralegal will report to the Senior Vice President, Intellectual Property Law Group. This individual will be responsible for the management and maintenance of global brand portfolios. The trademark paralegal is a self-motivated and energetic individual who is passionate about providing a professional, high level of client service.
- Prepare and electronically file trademark related documents with the USPTO
- Correspond with foreign counsel regarding foreign trademark applications, oppositions, registrations and related matters
- Maintain trademark docketing system and files
- Coordinate legalization of documents
- Assist in domain name management and enforcement, including preparation of cease and desist letters and UDRP complaints
- Assist in research and preparation of cease and desist letters
- Obtain information/materials from clients in business units
- Prepare status reports and due date dockets
- Assist in filing take down notices on social media and other type websites
- Provide support to in-house attorneys
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple projects, meet established deadlines and handle change as business needs require.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, or as part of a team.
- Professional attitude and an internal customer-service orientation.
- Organized, detailed and flexible.
- Associates Degree or higher.
- Paralegal certificate with at least 2 years prior related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficient computer skills including Outlook, Word, Excel, CPI or similar docketing system, Internet research.
- Strong consideration to candidate with previous trademark paralegal experience at a law firm or other transferable paralegal training or experience.