1 – 2 years’ experience. Bachelor’s Degree required.
Key Responsibilities/Essential Functions
· Produces information by transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying, and transmitting text, data, and graphics; coordinating case preparation.
· Conserves attorneys time by reading, researching, reviewing, verifying, and routing correspondence, reports and legal documents; drafting letters and documents; collecting and analyzing information; initiating telecommunications; organizing client conferences, and attorney meetings; scheduling couriers, court reporters, expert witnesses, and other special functions; coordinating preparation of charts, graphs, and other courtroom visuals; preparing expense reports.
- Maintains attorney calendar by planning and scheduling conferences, teleconferences, dispositions, and travel; recording and monitoring court appearance dates, pleadings, and filing requirements; monitoring evidence-gathering; anticipating changes in litigation or transaction preparation requirements.
· Represents attorney by communicating and obtaining information; following-up on delegated assignments; knowing when to act and when to refer matters to attorney.
- Inputting attorney billable time and reimbursable expenses; preparing invoices.
- Maintains client confidence by keeping client/attorney information confidential.
- Provides historical reference by developing and utilizing filing and retrieval systems; recording meeting discussions; maintaining transcripts; documenting and maintaining evidence.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Power Point and Excel. Experience with document management systems is a plus.
Please forward all resumes to:
Adriana Caronia, Recruiting Manager
Riker Danzig Scherer Hyland & Perretti LLP
One Speedwell Avenue
Morristown, NJ 07962-1981