Safra National Bank of New York (“Safra National”) is a nationally chartered U.S. Bank supervised by the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency and member of the Federal Reserve and the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (“FDIC”). Headquartered in New York, with a branch in Florida and representative offices in Brazil, Chile, Mexico and Panama, Safra National is a leading private bank with a devoted team of relationship managers serving many sophisticated U.S. and international high net worth clients, with focus on Latin America.
The AVP Accountant will be responsible for bookkeeping, month end closing reconciliations specially treasury products (investment portfolio and swaps) and hedge accounting.
- Reconciliation between operational systems and sub ledger and general ledger;
- Interact with the departments involved in the reconciliation process such as: Middle Office, Treasury, Securities Operations and Credit Department;
- Prepare monthly reconciliations for formalization;
- Monitoring daily process and tasks;
- Audit and examination support;
- Keep accounting policies and procedures updated accordingly.
- 2 years’ experience in Finance
- BA in Accounting, Business or Finance – Preferable but not required
- Medium/Advanced excel skills
- Solid qualitative and quantitative skills
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment and to meet challenging deadlines
- Team player and self-starter
- Ability to streamline existing process and create new reporting processes
- Controls and processes mindset
Safra National Bank of New York is an Equal Employment Opportunity