Digital Content Producer
Save the Harbor is a dynamic and successful nonprofit Boston Harbor advocacy organization made up of thousands of people from across the region. Save the Harbor led the effort to create the Boston Harbor Islands National Park and transformed South Boston’s beaches into the cleanest urban beaches in the United States. None of this would be possible without dedicated community members, partners, full- and part-time staff, and interns.
Save the Harbor/Save the Bay is seeking a Digital Content Producer to support in maintaining our digital and social media presence, as well as assisting in the communication to our stakeholders, program participants, and community members. This position is for a self-motivated individual with an interest in communications, social media, community engagement, and marketing. Under the direction of the Community Engagement Manager, the Digital Content Producer will support the daily communications for the office.
Important responsibilities and duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Support Save the Harbor/Save the Bay by writing and developing content for social media, marketing, and advertising
- Draft website, blog, and newsletter content
- Create social media campaigns and engage with followers and organizations on social media
- Supporting youth summer staff by editing the videos they create and helping them “takeover” or social media accounts on occasion
- Managing the Save the Harbor YouTube account and working with the Videographer to make sure all digital content is scheduled
- Creating a summer digital content production schedule
- Make sure all digital content and media has closed captions and alt text
- Review and track social media analytics and create plans to increase engagement and online presence.
- Produce multimedia projects for Save the Harbor events and programs to be published on the website and social media channels.
- Attend and support Save the Harbor/Save the Bay digital events.
Skills & Knowledge Desired – Minimum Entrance Requirements:
- Experience with social media and familiarity with traditional media
- Excellent interpersonal, writing and verbal skills
- Ability to do basic video editing and willingness to learn closed captioning software
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to exercise good judgment and work on multiple projects simultaneously, while maintaining attention to detail
- Dependability and flexibility
- Computer skills, including Microsoft Word and Google Docs
- Interest in nonprofit organizations and the mission of Save the Harbor/Save the Bay
- A science background is not required, though an interest in science as it relates to Boston Harbor is a plus
- Proficiency in Spanish, Haitian Creole, Mandarin and/or Cape Verdean Creole preferred, but not required.
- Position Timeline: May 2021-September 2021, with potential for extension based on work performance
- Hours: 16 hours per week
- Some nights/weekends may be required
- This position is remote with the opportunity to be hybrid based on the applicant’s preferences
How to Apply
Please email a resume and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org with Digital Content Producer in the subject line. We strongly encourage applications from folks who are from Boston, people of color, women, and LGBTQ+ individuals.