**Serco follows all CDC state and local COVID-19 recommendations. To accommodate, this internship will be 100% virtual and will not include any on-site visits to Serco locations.**
Serco’s Training and Experience Program (STEP) is designed to provide undergraduate university and college students paid accredited internship opportunities to gain meaningful, hands-on work experience in a professional environment. STEP emphasizes developing the workforce of the future. Our goal is to help you build a career roadmap that provides you with challenging and rewarding learning experiences with Serco.
Serco offers internship opportunities across the following three career tracks: Business, Technical, and Engineering. Our 2021 internship opportunities are available throughout the U.S. and Canada and begin on May 25th and conclude on August 13th, with 1 week off July 5th – 9th. You will work with your manager to identify the best working schedule for you – working no more than an average of 36 hours a week with the added perk of half-days on Fridays.
In addition to gaining hands-on experience, you will attend training sessions taught by skilled leaders in our company which provides training to better prepare you for a full-time career. These training sessions range from finance, personality in the workplace, presentation skills, resume building, and more. In addition, we believe great ideas come from all levels of the company! Because of that, each year we challenge our interns to work in diverse teams to develop, propose and execute on a project that improves our ways of working. Throughout this project you will work with Senior Sponsors and meet with members of our Executive Team.
The IT Service Delivery team is responsible for the day to day delivery of IT services to include change management, configuration management, IT infrastructure planning and projects tracking, IT budget compilation and management, IT procurement, IT security review and remediation, service desk ticketing and reporting, and asset management. In this role, you will gain the opportunity to directly contribute to Serco’s corporate IT support organization. You will directly impact Serco’s success by providing much needed extra hands and mindset to all of the work in flight and in the pipeline. This internship will provide you exposure to all aspects within the service delivery model as well as the technology and processes used within the enterprise.
During your Internship, you will gain exposure to a wide range of IT teams including: Server Management, Network Management, Data Management, Applications Development, Systems Security, Enterprise Technology Management Center, IT Field Services, and Service Desk. This is an exciting opportunity to gain exposure to how IT directly impacts program performance within a business.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Support the Director, IT Service Delivery and Corporate Service Delivery Manager
• Follow standards, procedures, and conventions for service delivery.
• Participate in service delivery practices, security, projects, planning, etc.
• Assist with revisions to existing procedure and process documentation.
• Assist with service, project or budget request monitoring, scheduling, updating.
• Currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
• Preferred fields of study: Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or a related field of study.
• Ideal candidates are rising juniors, seniors, or Spring 2021 graduates.
• Foundational knowledge in common, current IT technologies.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office.
• Self-motivated with a strong work initiative and attention to detail.
• Strong customer service, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
• Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrated experience collaborating in a team environment.
• Passion for learning with a wide degree of creativity and curiosity.