Surgical Neurophysiologist Training Program
SpecialtyCare offers full-time, salaried employment coupled with a structured and progressive one-year training program that features a combination of classroom work, laboratory practicums, online instruction and practical training in the operating room designed to prepare you for a career in IONM.
Intraoperative neuromonitoring (IONM) refers to the continuous assessment of nervous system function during surgery using a variety of specialized neurophysiologic tests and measures. The purpose of IONM is to provide the surgical team with information about impending adverse changes in nervous system function, so that timely corrective action can be taken to reduce the risk of lasting injury.
The SpecialtyCare IONM Training Program focuses not only on a technical understanding of data acquisition and measurement, but also on the anatomy and physiology of the nervous system, the sensitivity and specificity of electrophysiological measures in monitoring and mapping structures during complex surgical procedures, and the tools required for effective communication when the stakes are high. Our program is designed to facilitate the competency and clinical acumen of well-rounded surgical neurophysiologists.
- Phase 1 classroom training is conducted at our training facility in Nashville, TN area.
- Once training in Nashville is complete, you will relocate to your new market.
- All SpecialtyCare Surgical Neurophysiologists must obtain CNIM certification upon completion of the training program.
- Requires a Bachelors, Masters, or Doctorate degree preferably in life sciences (e.g. neuroscience, biology), bioengineering or audiology.
- Ability to work independently, be self-motivated & have a strong desire to learn.
- Ability to keep up with a fast-paced and independent learning environment. Ability to work flexible hours as scheduled, including weekends and holidays, and to be on-call as scheduled.
The Successful Candidate
The successful candidate must bring a high level of ethical, intellectual, professional and personal values that complement the team and company vision. The following competencies are highly valued:
· Focused on clinical quality and delivering the absolute best results for patients.
· Excellent communication skills and basic computer skills are essential.
· Ability to adapt and thrive in a high stress environment necessary.
· Proven self-starter who works well independently and as a part of the OR team.
SpecialtyCare is committed to supporting professional growth for our associates. Each associate is allocated funds for continuing education, membership fees, and dues for professional associations. We also provide tuition reimbursement or tuition repayment assistance. We provide a full benefits package including a matching 401K and generous PTO plan.
SpecialtyCare is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
Employment with SpecialtyCare is at-will