Function: ISAAC and V-Lab Assistant and Program Support
Nature and Background of Position:
Students 2 Science, Inc is a not for profit organization with a mission to Inspire, Motivate and Educate students in grades 5-12 to pursue careers in STEM. S2S accomplishes this through its two signature programs. The ISAAC Program (Improving Student Affinity and Aptitude for Careers in STEM) provides students with authentic and rigorous STEM work experience in a state-of-the-art commercial laboratory. The V-Lab Program (Virtual Laboratory) conducts laboratory instructional sessions via a collaborative communication platform. The program includes science kits, detailed lessons, and lesson plans with how-to videos, all aligned to the Next Generation Science Standards. We are looking for scientists to serve as full-time assistants for these two programs
Principal Activities and Responsibilities
- Serve as a laboratory assistant in the ISAAC and V-Lab programs
- Aid in preparing activities in all areas of the S2S STEM curriculum including assisting in managing laboratory stations and equipment needs in both ISAAC and V-lab programs
- Aid in facilitating and assisting ISAAC and V-Lab Program Instructors with the implementation of all S2S STEM activities, including but not limited to instructing, training, tracking program metrics, and reporting.
- Work closely with the ISAAC and V-Lab Program Instructors to develop, monitor, and implement STEM lesson plans in alignment with common core and Next Generation Science standards
- Attend training on curricula and follow up with utilization of technical assistance
- Perform other duties as deemed necessary to support the Organization
- Operate and direct the V-Lab studio including sound, cameras, and lighting systems
- Detail oriented and able to work with a high degree of accuracy and efficiency
- Positive and happy demeanor- ability to work well with others
- Commitment to STEM Education
- Highly organized
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Must be self directed and able to complete projects with limited supervision
- Ability to translate complex technical information to students in a meaningful and engaging manner
Education: BS Degree or Equivalent in a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics field.
- Scientific laboratory experience or similar.
- Experience teaching or mentoring STEM related topics is a bonus.
- A significant amount of time is spent sitting and standing. Ability to lift and carry boxes and equipment up to 40lbs.
Must be able to read, write, and understand English.
Good auditory and visual skills are required. Experience with Microsoft Office tools is required.
Note: This description in intended as a guide reflecting only the principal activities and responsibilities of the position. As such, it is not an all-inclusive listing of the requirement and responsibilities of the position.