Tamerlaine Farm Animal Sanctuary is seeking a driven Social Media & Content Creation Intern to support our printed and digital outreach, promotional, and educational materials.
Tamerlaine Farm Animal Sanctuary is dedicated to the rescue and care of exploited, abused, and otherwise discarded farmed animals while engaging in varied outreach efforts to create a world that is compassionate toward all beings, especially the most vulnerable among us. We are growing from 40 acres of sanctuary land to a sprawling 336-acre farm, thereby generating opportunities for rapid expansion!
Tamerlaine Sanctuary is seeking an individual with a strong work ethic and graphic design skills to amplify the efforts of our growing team. The ideal candidate will be talented at taking social media quality photos and video and be enthusiastic about writing creative content that brings our audience into the lives of our animal residents. This position is mostly remote with a weekly conference call and opportunities to spend time at the sanctuary to get to know our nonhuman animal residents. Ideally, the person who fills this role will be available to visit the farm bi-monthly to collaborate with other staff and collect video footage and images of the farm and animal residents.
Tamerlaine offers the selected candidate the chance to gain relevant professional experience that makes a real difference. In addition to the internship description, the candidate can expect additional benefits such as:
- Working with like-minded people committed to a compassionate lifestyle
- Being an integral part of a non-profit animal sanctuary that is in the midst of growing from 40 acres to a sprawling 336-acre paradise
- Learning from our nonhuman animal residents and developing unique friendships that will forever impact your worldview
- Access to special events ranging from community gatherings to high-end elegant affairs
- Experience that directly translates to professional development and adding to your network of references
- Potential for academic credit
- Opportunity to work between nonprofit and business ventures.
Graphic Design and content creation Internship
- Generating and/or customizing templates and content for email blasts
- Updating visuals and content to be used on website and social media
- Creating campaign-specific graphics for fundraising purposes
- Generating layouts and text for printed brochures, flyers, invitations
- Possible opportunity to generate designs for merchandise
- Researching and creating timelines and strategies for digital marketing
The candidate must:
- Be driven and perform with a sense of urgency
- Feel comfortable working independently
- Be organized and communicative with various managers
- Be professional and represent Tamerlaine Farm Animal Sanctuary positively
- Ideally be passionate about animal advocacy/veganism
- Feel comfortable following instruction while being enthusiastic about collaborative projects
- Be an excellent writer and inspired to share the stories of our farm with our supporters and community.
- Proficient in Adobe design tools
- Familiarity or willingness to become familiar with Canva, Google Docs, iMovie, Asana, and other platforms for the purposes of team collaboration
- Superb attention to detail
Compensation, Location and Hours:
- Remote internship, weekly conference calls, bi-monthly day trips to the sanctuary
- Unpaid internship with potential for academic credit
- 12- 20 hours per week for at least 15 weeks is required for school credit. Maximum length is based on the intern’s performance and the number of applications we receive.
Please send an email to email@example.com including:
- A cover letter describing your interest in the position and what you hope to get out of this internship
- Three non-family references
- The position title in the email Subject