Teaneck High School
- Standard New Jersey certification in K-12 chemistry required
- Strong foundational background knowledge in science
- Demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of the content field and describe ways in which the content can be organized into lessons for secondary students
- Ability to educate secondary students, maintain a positive learning environment and develop students’ knowledge and skills in science
- Ability to develop students’ appreciation and knowledge of the various career opportunities associated with science
- Ability to develop and utilize diverse techniques in order to reach all learners
- Requires an in-depth knowledge of science, content specific instructional strategies for diverse learners, and NJSLS
- Proven ability to work harmoniously with diverse populations
- Become familiar with established curricula.
- Meet, take attendance and instruct assigned classes in the locations and at the times designated.
- Develop and implement daily or weekly lesson plans and instructional materials in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of the students.
- Create a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students.
- Establish and maintain standards of student behavior needed to achieve a functional learning atmosphere in the classroom
Qualified candidates must have strong collaborative, planning and performance assessment skills; be knowledgeable in a variety of teaching strategies and a demonstrated ability to work harmoniously in a multicultural, diverse community.
NJ First Act effective 9/1/2011
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer