Check with your school’s Internship Coordinator BEFORE accepting the hiring offer to determine if this position satisfies the criteria for receiving academic credit.
2021-2022 Fortune Society Volunteer/Internship Program
Our Mission: The Fortune Society’s mission is to support successful reentry from incarceration and promote alternatives to incarceration, thus strengthening the fabric of our communities.
Opportunity Title: Administrative Intern
Type: Intern, un-paid
Department/Reports To: Court Advocacy/ Administrative Coordinator & Data Manager
Location: Remote / In-Person (LIC Office) / Hybrid
Tentative Schedule: Flexible based on intern’s availability; 15 hours per week
Duration: Summer June 1st-Aug 15th; Fall Sept 1st-Dec 15th; Spring Feb 1st-May 15th
Application Deadline: ASAP; Screening calls scheduled ASAP for candidates
Position Summary: The goal of the Administrative Intern is to provide administrative and programmatic support to the Court Advocacy department.
§ Track program referrals
§ Record intakes conducted by Court Advocates
§ Conduct eligibility assessments of housing referrals
§ Track active housing clients
§ Assist with SharePoint administration
§ Assist with other administrative and programmatic tasks
§ Previous experience in Excel and SharePoint preferred
§ College student or recent graduate
§ Ability to take minimal direction and multitask
§ Sensitivity toward the population served by The Fortune Society and the ability to assist them without bias is necessary.
§ Must be 18+ of age
▪ Learn data management skills and project coordination in the nonprofit sector
▪ Become an effective team player
▪ Develop communication skills
▪ Increase knowledge about and understanding of individuals impacted by the criminal justice system
▪ Must have personal laptop/computer with reliable internet connection
▪ Must submit an application online at https://fortunesociety.org/volunteer-or-intern-with-us/.
▪ Applications selected for a phone/zoom interview will be contacted via email to schedule. If selected to interview, candidates will need to submit their most recent resume and a cover letter.
Executive Order 74
In accordance with NYC’s EO47, all staff, interns, and volunteers that work or serve at Fortune’s physical locations must either show proof of vaccination (picture of COVID vaccination card) -OR- can elect to submit weekly PCR COVID testing results.