The Madison Public Library is looking to hire a part-time library assistant in the Circulation/Interlibrary Loan Department. The job will be 12-15 hours per week with rotational shifts every four weeks on Saturday and Sunday and a weekday evening. This is a paid position, $15 per hour.
- Assisting with all general circulation functions;
- Learning, using and keeping up to date on the Library’s computer system for patron registrations, charging and discharging library items, filling requests and placing holds;
- Learning to use the Library’s digital resources with a high degree of proficiency;
- Answering the phone and email inquiries;
- Assisting patrons with simple computer and printing needs;
- Preparing the library for opening and/or closing by performing such assignments as rearranging/straightening chairs/tables, picking up materials for shelving, and book drop retrieval;
- Performs other related duties as required.
Interested Candidates should submit a resume and a cover letter to Lynn Favreau, Library Director, (Lynn.Favreau@madison.mainlib.org). No faxes, telephone calls, or in-person inquiries. Beyond acknowledgment of receipt, the library will only contact candidates it wishes to interview.
Position open until filled. ADA/EOE