This position is posted on behalf of our partner, Ichigoichie AB, in Stockholm, Sweden. The candidate will have a mentor on site and the Swedish-American Chambers of Commerce will assist in finding housing, insurance and other important matters.
About the host company
We are a game and media production house sewn from the fabric of creative expression. We have over twenty years of experience building music games and authoring software in Japan and Sweden. We recently released our award-winning DJ strategy game, Hexagroove, on Nintendo Switch worldwide.
We are looking for a student of Computer Science to join our team. We prototype in Unity and write our core technology libraries in Rust and C++. Tasks you may perform vary on your experience and the phase of the project, which may include:
• Building user interfaces with Unity
• Prototyping rhythmic gameplay interactions in C# and C++
• Creating synesthetic connections through a concert of sound, light, and haptic feedback
Collaborating in an agile environment through a feedback loop of lightweight granular task management. As a member of a very small team you will be working on many aspects of the project, and the ability to investigate and acquire new skills quickly will benefit you greatly. We will give you fundamental guidance and constructive feedback on your progress throughout the internship.
• Current enrollment in or completion of a degree in Computer Science or similar
• Confidence in programming C# or C++, with a value on safe, reusable code
• Excellent English communication
• Highly motivated and self-driven problem-solving skills
• A love of games and expressive interfaces