WE ARE CURRENTLY SEEKING PASSIONATE AND TALENTED STUDENTS TO PARTICIPATE IN OUR REMOTE SPRING SEMESTER 2022 INTERNSHIP PROGRAM.
The Years Project (aka YEARS) is a 501c(3) nonprofit, Emmy award-winning climate media company focused on educating and engaging audiences to take action for the environment.
YEARS seeks qualified remote interns to master these tasks and more:
- Help us build and populate our flagship product, INSIDE THE MOVEMENT (ITM)
- Scan and filter daily climate news and information
- Monitor climate content on social platforms
- Write and edit copy for ITM and other video projects
- Transcribe original interviews and log video footage
- Collaborate in the writing and editing process
- Participate in Writers’ Rooms
- Help us with digital maintenance and upkeep
- Research and author blog posts
- Assist with graphic design and media
- You must be an undergraduate student pursuing a degree at a four-year college or university in one of the following or related disciplines: Communications, Journalism, Environmental Studies or Radio/Television/Video/Film/Digital Media.
- All applicants must have a genuine interest in YEARS’ work — creating the best content about climate change using the most effective communications strategies.
- As this is a fully remote internship, conducted entirely online, you must be willing to work via Zoom, Slack, email and phone during your designated hours.
- All applicants must be available up to 16 hours/wk between the hours of 9a-6p ET M-F, even for those not in the eastern time zone. Some flexibility can be accommodated.
- The internship is a paid position at $15/hour.
The YEARS Project values diversity in all its forms and is committed to inclusive and transparent recruitment, hiring and promotion processes. Candidates of diverse backgrounds and lived experience are strongly encouraged to apply.
The YEARS Project is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. The YEARS Project’s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.
Please submit your resume, cover letter and writing sample with your application to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “The YEARS Project Internship.”