When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work. You will grow and learn in an environment that empowers your development. We have crafted an inclusive, global environment that values the power of diverse talent, backgrounds, and experiences to drive speed, efficiency, innovation, and growth.
Our internship program will give you a chance to get real-world business experience and build your network before graduation. We are seeking an energetic, responsible intern to join our growing organization. In this position, you will learn the ins and outs of our daily routine and procedures. You will focus on learning how our organization operates and will gain valuable insight that can further your interest in your chosen career field. This position has many opportunities to offer!
Customers throughout the globe rely on our extensive range of products and services—from next-generation instruments to everyday lab essentials to life-saving medicine. If you desire to be a part of an extraordinary team, Thermo Fisher Scientific can provide you with the opportunity to join the Capillary Electrophoresis R&D to produce products that enable our customers to diagnose disease, tackle crimes, and develop break-through drug treatments. Thermo Fisher’s Research and Development work is carried out by dedicated professionals who want to make a difference.
Summary of Internship
Internship positions provide an opportunity for engineering and science students to get hands on experience in a research & development environment.
Internship opportunities will include:
- Exposure to the new product introduction process
- Opportunity to work on the next generation instrumentation that is used for forensic analysis.
- Learn from working with top scientists and engineers in genetic sciences.
R&D Interns sometimes work in a laboratory environment and are required to lift up to 40 lbs. As an R&D Intern, you may be required to stand for long periods of time while performing duties. You will work safely with chemicals and hazardous materials. As an intern, you will be encouraged to work flexible hours.
You will be responsible for designing, testing, and optimizing individual components of an “all-in-one” microchip electrophoresis device using tools and techniques such as 3D printing, embossing, CNC milling, and thermo-bonding. Furthermore, you will gain experience in DNA electrophoresis separations and applications, and in the use of modeling software to simulate different experimental conditions. Physics, engineering, biology or chemistry candidates with an interest in numerical simulation of real-word problems should consider applying. You will be mentored on laboratory techniques and experimental design in an industry setting.
- Student currently enrolled in classes leading to an accredited Masters/Ph. D degree in a related engineering, science or life science field
- Preferred majors: Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, Biology, Biotechnology, Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering or other related major
- Strong desire and motivation to develop a career in Research & Development
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a multi-functional team
- Ability to learn, be mentored, and improve
- Excellent written and oral communications skills are required.
- To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today!