Thermo Fisher Scientific is seeking an energetic Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Intern to support our CSR initiatives and support the CSR team. This position offers a unique opportunity to contribute to our team that is transforming business to create a more sustainable future for all. The Corporate Sustainability Intern will build their skills in corporate sustainability while supporting broader industry change to realize meaningful environmental and social improvement. The intern will gain hands-on research, analysis, and presentation experience while also learning how businesses are taking action to improve their sustainability performance.
The paid position starts in May and is 40 hours per week, lasting into August.
- Support the CSR team on special projects that grow Thermo Fisher’s reputation and demonstrate our role in scientific discovery and our impact on our communities.
- Specific tasks will be tailored to the intern’s experience level and abilities.
- Support projects related to sustainability, carbon reduction, environment, researching renewable energy, peer benchmarking, and monitoring the external and regulatory environment
- Develop playbooks for internal stakeholders on sustainability strategies and support integration of sustainability into our operating model
Skills and Abilities
- Creative thinker, resilient, passionate about corporate citizenship, driven, entrepreneurial, possesses cultural acuity and business acumen
- Ability to understand (and strong interest in) Thermo Fisher Scientific’s core business and the social issues we are seeking to impact
- Ability to recognize opportunities to create social impact while supporting business objectives
- Quantitative and qualitative analysis skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- High degree of flexibility; comfortable with the ambiguity of a small department
- Problem solving and collaboration competencies
- High energy and willing to engage any situation head-on.
- Outspoken, candid and ready to pressure test different strategies and ideas.
- Ability to work as a member of a cross-functional team.
- Strong willingness to learn, be mentored and improve.
- Accept candid feedback and look for areas of self-improvement.
- Aptitude for clear and concise written and verbal communications.
- Student currently enrolled in classes leading to a bachelor’s degree
- Understanding of the corporate social responsibility sector
- Track record of managing projects and details successfully
- Strong interest, education, or experience in climate, sustainability, and clean and renewable energy policies.