Thresh is a New York-based, female-led performing-arts organization. Founded in 2005 by award-winning Indian choreographer Preeti Vasudevan, Thresh creates a provocative dialogue between Indian and western performing arts, connecting heritage cultures with contemporary lives.
The two-fold mission of Thresh is to educate and to entertain. Thresh’s work revolves around the art of storytelling in all its forms—from creating cross-cultural productions that deal with issues of identity, race, gender and inclusion, to outreach programs with marginalized and underserved communities in the US and overseas. Thresh’s work on and off the stage and online provides a safe space in which individuals from diverse groups can explore their own personal stories, gaining confidence and authentic leadership skills as a result.
Seeking a Marketing Intern to begin immediately for course credit. 5-10 hours per week required.
- Create content for social media platforms
- Assist in website updates through content management platform like Wix
- Assisting in outreach and follow-up correspondence with media to secure coverage
- Providing support for the general operations of the Marketing Department, including press archiving, grant & cultivation project research, and email campaigns
- Interest in Communications, Marketing, Advertising, Graphic Design, or related field
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Google Workspace, familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite/Canva and Wix a plus
- Excellent writing, communication, organization
- Openness to growing and learning in the field of communications and the missions of non-profits