Trinity Repertory Company seeks a dynamic leader to join a team of talented staff, artists and board members in the role of Producing Director (PD). The PD will lead the production team and the production process for each show in Trinity Rep’s season. The PD is a key member of the senior staff, supporting and advancing the artistic vision and mission of the organization. The Production Director jointly reports to the Artistic Director and Executive Director.
The Producing Director will serve as the strategic leader for all production efforts within Trinity Rep. The PD will play a key role in season planning, production budgeting, and managing the technical execution of each production safely and efficiently.
The Production Director will supervise the Technical Director, Prop Master, Costume Shop Director, Master Electrician, Sound Engineer and Company Manager. In collaboration with production department heads, the PD will be responsible for cultivating and maintaining a positive and collaborative working environment for all production staff. The PD will also lead the process of rebuilding Trinity Rep’s production departments as the organization prepares to re-open for live performances.
The PD will serve as the primary liaison with various industry unions (AEA, SDC, USA,) and all production contract negotiations.
This role is ideal for a professional with five or more years of experience and/or training in theater production, stage management, technical theater, general management or similar work in an arts related enterprise. The new PD is someone who thrives on collaboration with artists, technicians and administrative staff. The role requires a detail-oriented leader who can understand and translate abstract artistic visions into practical budgets, technical plans and safe production processes.
Communication and Comprehension
– Writing (reports, business correspondence, procedure manuals)
– Public Speaking
– Reading and Analysis (business periodicals, professional journals,
– Interpersonal and Nonverbal communication
– Basic Algebra and Geometry
– Budget Creation and Management
– Accounting Principles
– Spatial Reasoning from the Abstract to the Concrete
– Problem Solving
– Data Collection
– Interpretation and Translation of Technical Drawings
– Collaboration Software (Microsoft Teams, Slack)
– Internet Software
– File Sharing Software (Dropbox, Google Drive)
– Spreadsheet Software
– Word Processing Software
Additional Areas of Expertise
– Team Building and Management
– Project Management
– Anti-racism Policies and Practices
– Sit or stand in a stationary position for up to 50 percent of work time
– Utilize close vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception
– Move objects weighing up to 25 pounds for office functions and production
Visit the external application link via Handshake to submit your application.
Trinity Repertory Company is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to building a culturally diverse, equitable, and antiracist environment. For information about Trinity Rep’s commitment to antiracism, please visit t rinityrep.com/antiracism.