Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Administrative Fellows have concurrent exposure to hospital operations and corporate administration in an integrated healthcare system. Fellows are responsible for completing administrative projects in various areas such as governance, medical staff development, operations, managed care, ambulatory care, policy, finance, planning and marketing. Fellows will work closely with the Executive Team at Rex and other leaders throughout the system.
1. Attends and prepares minutes of weekly Executive Team meetings.
2. Completes administrative rotations and shadows leaders throughout the hospital as desired.
3. Completes special projects that contribute to the learning experience for the Fellow as well as the needs of the organization.
4. Completes Executive-on-Call rotations. 5. Enhances professional expertise by attending professional seminars and workshops.
Please provide the following items as “Attachments” to your online application:
Any letters of recommendations or transcripts that need to be sent directly to the respective UNC Fellowship program and can be emailed to the current fellow.
Please submit the following items in 1 PDF file:
2. Official Graduate school transcript
3. Three recommendation letters – at least one academic and one professional. These letters should address the applicant’s administrative and/or management experience as well as academic qualifications. The letters can be addressed to the Fellowship Selection Committee.
4. Personal Statement – Introduce yourself in a one-page personal statement regarding what you hope to achieve from a fellowship at one of our sites and what draws you to that particular site.
5. Your essay answering ONE of the following three prompts in no more than 300 words: If you were the CEO of UNC Health, what is the first thing you would do? Describe the environment in which you were raised-(your family, home, neighborhood, or community) and how it influenced the person you are today. Tell us about an achievement, not listed on your resume, of which you are most proud.
- Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate discipline.
- Actively pursuing a Master’s degree in a healthcare-related field with successful completion of Masters degree coursework.
- No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
- No prior experience required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex COO
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes