From the World Handicap System to national amateur championships, to modernizing the delivery of the game’s Rules and supporting sustainable golf course management practices, the United States Golf Association promotes the health of a game that inspires, challenges, and rewards like nothing else can.
Are you looking to join a dynamic team that works together to promote and conserve the true spirit of the game of golf?
The Intern, Digital Media is responsible for ensuring that all of the USGA’s digital channels (including, but not limited to, YouTube, Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire, XUMO and Daily Motion) are consistently up to date with the latest relevant content, and that said content is optimized to ensure maximum reach, consumption, engagement and monetization. This person will be a critical part of the Digital Media team and will be expected to not only complete daily tasks, which will include the editing, publishing and scheduling of content, but also to play an active role in the long-term strategy and planning of our digital channels. Compiling and creating analytics reports and assisting the Broadcast team with critical functions will also be an important part of this role. Editorial maintenance of usga.org, usopen.com and the USGA’s other websites and related apps may be necessary at times.
The internship can be Remote and begins in April, 2021, or as soon as possible, and will run through the end of September, 2021.
What you can expect:
- Be an active part of the Digital Media team, pitching innovative ways to deliver USGA programming across owned and third-party platforms.
- Participate in the planning process to strategically determine concepts and execution of USGA programming.
- Edit and produce longform programming for USGA digital channels.
- Assist in the scheduling of the USGA’s programming on Roku, Amazon Fire TV and Apple TV, and other emerging OTT platforms.
- Manage the creation and updating of descriptions, tagging and publishing of videos on YouTube, Dailymotion and other digital channels as needed.
- Update key areas of usga.org and usopen.com when necessary.
- Produce, edit and publish championship highlights across all necessary platforms.
- Create and maintain analytics reports pertaining to the USGA’s digital and social media channels as needed.
- Assist the Broadcast team with duties related to championship telecasts, as well as production-related tasks in the USGA’s studio as needed.
- Work with the USGA’s social media team to plan strategies surrounding the promotion of programming on the USGA’s digital platforms.
- Assist archivist with mining of video footage for use on USGA digital platforms.
- Actively ensure that content on the USGA’s digital platforms is consistently being optimized for reach, engagement, and monetization.
- Remain current with digital platform trends and developments, and offer perspective on how they may or may not be a fit for USGA channels.
What you bring to the USGA:
The ideal candidate is a results-oriented, data-driven person with knowledge of the digital landscape who consistently stays up to date with new trends in that space and who can keep the USGA’s goals and mission in mind when performing tasks. The successful candidate will know how to be part of an effective team and collaborate with colleagues across the organization.
- 1+ years of experience in managing content on digital platforms (or equivalent education)
- Video and graphics editing experience, preferably with Adobe Premiere and Adobe Photoshop
- Knowledge of and an appreciation for golf
- Working knowledge or past exposure to content-management systems
- Experience working with video content platforms, including YouTube
- Knowledge of the current trends in the digital landscape
- Excellent judgement around how and where particular programming is best consumed
- Experience with creating social media content a plus
- Experience in television production a plus, but not required
- Recognition that different channels have variations in tone, style and substance
- Outstanding language and written communication skills
- Experience working as part of a team and in a team environment
- Highly energetic personality who rolls up their sleeves to get the job done and meets deadlines
About the USGA:
The USGA is a nonprofit organization that celebrates, serves and advances the game of golf. Founded in 1894, we conduct many of golf’s premier professional and amateur championships, including the U.S. Open and U.S. Women’s Open. With The R&A, we govern the sport via a global set of playing, equipment, handicapping and amateur status rules. The USGA campus in Liberty Corner, New Jersey, is home to the Association’s Research and Test Center, where science and innovation are fueling a healthy and sustainable game for the future. The campus is also home to the USGA Golf Museum, where we honor the game by curating the world’s most comprehensive archive of golf artifacts. To learn more, visit usga.org.
The United States Golf Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer