As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network – enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Visa recognizes that operating a successful company is about much more than delivering strong returns to shareholders. We strive to make a positive, and ideally transformative impact on the world, based on the belief that doing well can and should mean doing good, particularly for a global organization like Visa whose business is connecting the world to enhance financial inclusion and equity.
Through our mission of helping small and micro businesses (SMB) thrive, we strive to be a catalyst for growth and positive change around the world. Especially in this post COVID19 world, SMBs need support to recover, build resiliency and grow. By harnessing our capital, our assets, our people, and our knowledge, we are focused on helping set millions of SMBs globally on a path to growth. We see small and micro businesses as the backbone of the global economy, and our goal is to empower these enterprises, help them transition into this new world, and improve their livelihoods, ultimately creating a ripple effect throughout their communities.
These efforts build on the strong legacy of social impact Visa has created through corporate giving, financial inclusion and financial education. We support broader community needs and humanitarian responses in times of crises, are committed to acting responsibly through environmental, social and governance and our more than 19,000 employees contribute to communities in meaningful ways through volunteering and charitable giving.
To date, we have achieved significant progress, however, there is more for us to achieve. The need around the world is only increasing and Visa and the Inclusive Impact and Sustainability team is driving to meet these needs and become a global leader and influencer of governments, non-governmental organizations, and other for-profit companies.
We are looking for an undergrad Intern to help make a difference at Visa on the North America Inclusive Impact and Sustainability Team.
Job Duties And Projects Could Include
- Supporting the North America team on the execution of strategic social impact initiatives
- Supporting the North America on creating and producing client engagement materials
- Supporting and enhancing key elements of North America team operations, including internal project tracking and reporting
- Pursuing a Bachelors degree in Marketing, Communications, Business, Public Policy, or a related field, graduating December 2022 thru August 2024
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 out of 4.0 (or equivalent scale)
- Strong communications skills, specifically, the absence of repeated grammatical or typographical errors, clear and concise written and spoken communications, and communications that demonstrate professional judgment.
- Permanent authorization to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment for this position. Visa will not sponsor applicants for work visas in connection with this position.
- The ability to take on challenges and address problems head-on
- Strong ability to collaborate
- Highly driven, self starter, resourceful and results oriented
- Good team player and excellent interpersonal skills
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to navigate through ambiguity
- Passion for and ability to create social impact
- Curiosity and Enthusiasm
- Proficiency in Excel and/or other data visualization a plus
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Work Hours: This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 0% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.