The Elevator Pitch: Why will you enjoy this new opportunity?
This is the ideal entry point for a career in enterprise software sales. VMware is an enterprise software company with $12B+ in annual revenues, a world-renowned culture, and strong, consistent performance.
As a Business Development Representative, you will be an integral part of an organization focused on betterment, execution, and achieving your goals. Growth is expected. You will be challenged. You will be supported. You will be surrounded by like-minded individuals who understand growth can be achieved through helping others.
What is the primary need, technical challenge, and/or problem you will be responsible for?
Our sales teams are counting on you to help identify the customers that need our attention the most. VMware’s marketing team produces content, events, and learning opportunities for our customers, resulting in interest you will vet.
You will explain how VMware solutions can enable customers to achieve their goals – short term and long term. You will interact with a range of personas—from system administrators to C-suite executives—as you learn the ropes of VMware selling.
Success in the Role: What are the performance goals over the first 6-12 months you will work toward completing?
During a standard week, a successful BDR will execute on the following, at minimum:
- Engage 30 new leads per day, while maintaining cadence with current leads in progress
- Identify customer challenges and goals to determine which VMware solutions align with their business needs, with the goal of uncovering at least one qualified lead per day
- Collaborate with the Sales team to move the qualified lead forward, ideally resulting in a managed sales opportunity
- Leverage data propensity/business intelligence models and research to cold call on sales play leads
- Grow your knowledge and expertise around soft skills and the VMware portfolio
- Maximize the value of your outreach by leveraging VMware’s sales tools (Salesforce, Marketo, and XANT)
What is the leadership like for this role? What is the structure and culture of the team like?
The team is composed of 25 Business Development Representatives managed by three Business Development Managers. These leaders work closely with their supervisor to create a culture where it is safe to learn from mistakes and where collaboration naturally occurs across teams.
Our ideal candidate is committed to: 1) building a career in enterprise software sales, 2) continued professional and skill development, and 3) positively contributing to the team and the VMware culture.