Here at VMware we are continuously looking for top talent. The position you are applying for is within a high growth area of our business. In applying for this position, please note that it may not be active at the time of your application.
The Americas Marketing Business Development organization is a fast-paced demand generation engine responsible for driving incremental growth for the VMware sales organization. We’re looking for people who love to win, have strong business ethics and great communication skills. If you have the ambition to learn new technologies, drive sales, and deliver results, this may be the role for you.
Once you deliver 12 months’ worth of productivity–which could potentially take less than 12 months to do–you will be given ample opportunity to promote into a full-time role within the Inside Sales organization.
When you succeed in doing so, you’ll have taken a shortcut in accelerating your software sales career–most VMware ISR roles require 2-3 years of industry experience!
The Business Development Representative (BDR) is responsible for selling VMware’s products and services via telephone, primarily by responding to high volume inbound leads. The BDR is held accountable for following up on inbound leads in a timely manner, conducting agile and dynamic outbound campaigns, and successfully prospecting for opportunities. The BDR is also responsible for delivering a positive customer experience leveraging the VMware sales model while maximizing pipeline generation. The BDR will partner closely with the VMW Inside Sales team (Inside Sales Representatives, Sales Engineers, Inside Sales Specialists, etc.) to drive the VMware sales strategy.
Job Responsibilities (not limited to):
• Accountable for driving pipeline growth across the Americas
• Prospect, generate, qualify, and follow up on assigned leads.
• Articulate the full range of VMware technologies, products, and services and identify how these products and services align to customer needs.
• Communicate ideas, concepts, industry trends, and market facts to position VMware as a competitive solution with customers.
• Collaborate cross-functionally with colleagues to support sales strategy.
• Self-motivated with a high attention to detail and ability to multitask.
• An unwavering positive attitude, strong drive for results, and the ability to deal with ambiguity.
• Familiar with computers and technology. Comfortable using Windows and Outlook.
• Strong communication and presentation skills.
• Thrive working with others in a team environment.
• Ability to think strategically and adjust to meet business needs.
• Open to receiving and acting on feedback to improve results.
• Demonstrate good judgment in analyzing information to make decisions.
Scheduled Hours, Location, and Compensation
8 AM – 5 PM, Monday – Friday
$25/hr, no overtime work
Based out of River Place office in Austin, Texas