2021 beGirl.world Study Abroad Scholarship
beGirl.world will be awarding two (2) $2,000 scholarships to black female identifying college students who have been accepted to a study abroad program.
Scholarship Types are as follows:
All Philly – This scholarship is for one black female identifying college student who is from Philadelphia and is enrolled at an accredited Philadelphia/Metro-Philadelphia/Pennsylvania college or university.
All Country – This scholarship is for one black female identifying college student who is enrolled at an accredited college or university in the United States of America, Puerto Rico or the US Virgin Islands.
The qualifications for both scholarships are as follows:
* Female identifying
* 18 and over (must be of age by June 1, 2021)
* Proof of US Citizenship
* Letter of Recommendation from a professor, supervisor, or mentor currently involved in your life in the last 3 years who can speak to your character, leadership and passion to study abroad. This can be sent to email@example.com.
* Proof of enrollment and in good standing at a 2 or 4 year college with at least 36 credits (Acceptable form of documentation: current official transcript).
* Proof of acceptance into a study abroad program (Acceptable form of documentation: email or letter of acceptance).
* Proof of Philadelphia residency for All Philly scholarship only (Acceptable forms of documentation: lease, home ownership papers, letter from landlord, birth certificate).
Applications and all supporting documents are due April 5, 2021. There will be a round of interviews with applicants and winners will be announced on May 20, 2021. Specific questions should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Late applications or documents will not be considered.
* Before applying, we recommend preparing your responses offline in advance and then copying them into the online form as the scholarship application does not have a save feature. You can see a preview of the application questions here.