Student Employment Job Description Template
A clear job description allows students to determine the job best suited to their abilities and helps supervisors effectively manage student employees. Drew University uses a standard student employment job description common to all campus departments to promote a uniform and comprehensive view of student employment opportunities.
When developing a position, your job description must clearly convey the following:
- A description of the position and how it helps your department meet its goals;
- The duties that a student would be expected to complete as an employee of the department;
- A realistic list of skills required for the successful completion of required duties;
- Any training or direction provided to ensure the student can successfully complete their required duties;
- Expected transferrable skills that students will gain throughout the course of their employment with your department;
- The Launch Career Community or Communities that this position most closely applies to.
Interested in learning more about supervising on-campus employment? Find out more about the process here.