Vault Career Guide to Insurance, Third Edition
Today almost anything can be insured—from businesses, cars and homes to a star musician’s fingers or a supermodel’s legs. Insurance of one kind or another underpins every aspect of modern life, and the industry employs more than 2.5 million people in the United States alone. Although the insurance business is sensitive to economic ups and downs, employment expectations are strong for key insurance workers, such as actuaries, as well as experts who can manage changes due to government regulation and combat fraud.
The Vault Career Guide to Insurance, Third Edition provides an insider’s perspective on what’s happening in the industry, what it takes to break in, and how to advance your career. Whether you hope to become an executive at a national insurance company or run your own brokerage, this guide will help you master every step of your job search.
Vault Career Guides offer an industry insider’s view of what it takes to land a job in your chosen profession. Each volume provides a comprehensive overview of the industry and expert advice and tips for uncovering job opportunities, networking, preparing your cover letter and résumé, interviewing, and keeping current on industry news and trends. Interviews and case studies offer behind-the-scenes glimpses of what hiring managers look for in a candidate and how others have succeeded in landing their jobs or advancing their careers. An extensive glossary and resource list put all the industry knowledge you need to succeed at your fingertips.
Each Vault Career Guide includes:
- The Basics: Everything you need to know about what your industry does, who works in it, and the pros and cons of pursuing a career in the field.
- Making Connections: Practical information on researching potential employers, networking, and getting in the door.
- Careers in This Industry: A look at life on the job and the industry culture.
- Talk Like a Pro: A glossary of industry jargon and key terms.
- Resources: Associations, organizations, websites, and other resources to help you plan and advance your career.